LET US LOVE AND SING AND WONDER, LET US PRAISE THE SAVIOR'S NAME

Thursday, August 13, 2009

THE HOUSE

As many of you know, Richard and I bought our first home about a month ago. We are super excited about the house. It is located in Old Cloverdale, a historic area in Montgomery. The house was built in the 1930s and is filled with many unique characteristics. Now you must know that the house is one BIG FIXER!! not exaggerating! Just wait to see the pics of the wallpaper... it is horrible. However, my very talented husband wanted a fixer and indeed he got it! He has been amazing. Today, he installed our new pedestal sink and commode. I definitely want to share more pictures once the rooms are completely finished but here are the BEFORE pictures. Absolutely LOVE the outside (ha that is why I only sent the outside picture of the house to my friends!)

And now for the inside....


Living Room

Dinning Room

Kitchen
I know you wish you could have wallpaper like that in your house!

But guess what? After one month of scrapping, the wallpaper is competely GONE!
Thanks to this woman - my mother-in-law, Ginger, has been absolutley incredible. She has dedicated herself and time to getting the wallpaper off. Today she finished!!! The dining room, kitchen, living room, foyer, hall, and guest bedroom were all covered in LAYERS of wallpaper. I also want to thank Richard, Ben, Steve, Jill, Franklin, Caroline, John English, and my dad for helping the layers come down. Whoo-wooo!! I never want to scrap wallpaper ever again in my life.














THANKS GINGER!













No comments:

Post a Comment